10% off when you spend £20 or more on selected Sheet Music & Songbooks Online!
Information about Schumann R : Scenes From Childhood, Op.15 for Piano
Schumann devoted much of his early career to writing short, characteristic piano pieces, developing the miniature to a perfectly self-contained piece, often suggesting extra-musical meanings. First published in 1838, Kinderscenen (Scenes From Childhood) is a collection of miniatures that capture youthful emotions and experiences through lively lyricism and poetic titles. The pieces are short but evocative, compact yet fascinating, which offer a musical banquet for the curious student.
The Schirmer Performance editions are designed for piano students and teachers as well as professional pianists. These editions offer insightful interpretative suggestions, pertinent fingering, and historical and stylistic commentary to provide an accurate resource for pianists.
01. Von fremden Ländern und Menshen (Of Strange Lands and People)
02. Kuriose Geschichte (Curious Story)
03. Hasche-Mann (Blindman's Bluff)
04. Bittendes Kind (Pleading Child)
05. Glückes genug (Perfect Happiness)
06. Wichtige Begebenheit (Great Adventure)
07. Träumerei (Reverie)
08. Am Kamin (By the Fireside)
09. Ritter vom Steckenpferd (On the Rocking Horse)
10. Fast zu Ernst (Almost Too Serious)
11. Fürchtenmachen (Hobgoblin)
12. Kind im Einschlummern (A Child Falling Asleep)
13. Der Dichter spricht (The Poet Speaks)
More Product Details