10% off when you spend £20 or more on selected ABRSM Exam Books Online!
Information about More Time Pieces for Viola Book 2
More music through the ages for Viola.
Take a journey through time with More Time Pieces for Viola. These two volumes contain well-crafted arrangements, presented in chronological order, to take you from the seventeenth century right up to the present day.
pieces that regularly feature on the ABRSM Viola syllabus
invaluable source of recital repertoire
contrasting styles, from Schubert to Stravinsky and from Wagner to Weill
arrangements that practise the note ranges and keys of the grades
Maggy Lamb played the viola with English National Opera and the Philharmonia Orchestra before taking up the post of Head of Strings at St Peters School in York. She now divides her time between teaching, performing and examining. Rachel Meredith is a Bristol University graduate. After a period performing both in the UK and abroad, she now teaches upper strings in York. Rachel is also a syllabus selector and examiner for ABRSM.
- Giga from Violin Sonata, Op. 59 No. 9 (Arcangelo Corelli)
- Rondeau from Premier Suite de Fanfares (Mouret)
- How beautiful are the feet from Messiah, HWV 56 (George Frideric Handel)
- Allegro from Symphony No. 4 (Johannes Brahms)
- Hungarian Rondo from Piano Trio, Hob. XV:25 (Joseph Haydn)
- Dedication, No. 1 from Myrthen, Op. 25 (Robert Schumann)
- Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves from Nabucco (Giuseppe Verdi)
- Andante from String Sextet No. 1, Op. 18 (Johannes Brahms)
- Prize Song from The Mastersingers of Nuremberg (Richard Wagner)
- Passionate Confession (Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky)
- Mack the Knife: from The Threepenny Opera (Kurt Weill / Bertolt Brecht)
- Por una cabeza (Gardel / Le Pera)
- The Montagues and the Capulets from Romeo and Juliet (Serge Prokofiev)
- Waltz: No. 7 from Suite for Variety Orchestra (Dmitri Shostakovich)
- Happy from Moodswings (Timothy Kraemer)
More Product Details