10% off when you spend £20 or more on selected Sheet Music & Songbooks Online!
Information about Hough S : Song Transcriptions
A song transcription enables a pianist to be both singer and accompanist - a liberating union of wills and skills at the service of some of the lovliest melodies ever written. Vocal lines here can safely soar beyond the range of the human voice, and accompaniments can be fearlessly woven in complex and luxuriant textures of sound.
The temptation to take the song and leave the singer has been irresistible to many composer-pianists from Liszt through Rachmaninoff up to Earl Wild; and the present collection endeavours to continue that tradition, celebrating this percussive instrument's perplexingly persuasive disguise as the most glamorous spinster of singing lines.
1. Song To The Seals [Granville Bantock 1868-1946]
2. Was weiss ein nie gekusster Rosenmund [Emmerich Kalaman 1882-1953]
3. The Fuscia Tree [Roger Quilter 1877-1953]
4. Now Sleeps The Crimson Petal [Roger Quilter 1877-1953]
5. Weep You No More [Roger Quilter 1877-1953]
6. Londonderry Air [Traditional]
7. Kashmiri Song [Amy Woodforde-Finden 1860-1919]
8. Till I Wake [Amy Woodforde-Finden 1860-1919]
More Product Details