10% off when you spend £20 or more on selected Sheet Music & Songbooks Online!
Information about Angela Hewitt : Bach Transcriptions for Piano
For many years now, the internationally acclaimed pianist Angela Hewitt has been firmly established as one of the leading interpreters of J.S. Bach's music on the piano through her concerts and award winning recordings. For this unique collection, Angela has commissioned vibrant contributions from a selection of leading international contemporary composers including Elena Kats-Chernin, Brett Dean, Robin Holloway, Dominic Muldowney and Yehudi Wyner. Each piece presents an homage to J.S Bach alongside beloved transcriptions from Herbert Howells and William Walton. Aimed at the intermediate to advanced pianist, this collection also includes two transcriptions of chorale preludes by Angela Hewitt herself.
- B. Dean: Prélude and Chorale
- J.S. Bach: Herzlich tut mich verlangen
- K. Schwertsik: Fantaisa & Fuga, op. 105
- R. Holloway: Partitina: on the opening notes of J.S. Bach's Goldberg bass
- J.S. Bach: O Mensch, bewein dein Sünde gross
- Y. Wyner: Fantasia on BACH
- J.S. Bach: Wenn wir in höchsten Nöten sein
- J.S. Bach: Das alte Jahr vergangen ist
- D. Muldowney: Fantasia on BACH
- E. Kats-Chernin: Bach Study
- J.S. Bach: Alle Menschen müssen sterben
More Product Details