10% off when you spend £20 or more on selected Sheet Music & Songbooks Online!
Information about Aebersold Vol. 84 Dominant 7th Workout
The Dominant 7th is one of the most substituted, coloured and altered sounds in modern music. Its flexibility and distinctive nature made it a favourite of twentieth century composers and allowed it to dominate Blues and RockNRoll. This Workout set takes you through the dominant seventh chords and scales in all twelve keys with a swinging jazz rhythm section. The book is full of exercises and tips on working through the dominant sound, so that you can master it completely once and for all. Book/2CDs, 112 pages.
Rhythm section: Jamey Aebersold (piano); Tyrone Wheeler (bass); Steve Davis (drums).
* Cycle - 8 Bars of each Dominant 7th
* Cycle - 2 Bars of each Dominant 7th
* Cycle - 1 Bar of each Dominant 7th
* 4 Bars each Scale - Chromatic Ascending and Descending
* Random Root Movement - 4 Bars each (#17 in Book)
* Random Root Movement - 2 Bars each (#18 in Book)
* Cycle - 2 Bars Chromatically Up and Down (#19 in Book)
* Almost Like a Blues - 16 Bars (#20 in Book)
* Cycle - 3/4 Meter (#21 in Book)
* ii/V/I in All 12 Keys (#22 in Book)
* Diminsihed Whole Tone Resolving to Minor (#23 in Book)
* Diminished Whole Tone Resolving to Minor Then Major(#24 in Book)
* Random Root Movement - 8 Bars each (#25 in Book)
* Diminished Scales Resolving to Minor then Major (#26 in Book)
* Random Root Movement - 8 Bars each Diminished Scales (#27 in Book)
* ii/V/i in minor Thru 4 Keys (#28 in Book)
* Sweet Georgia Brown (#29 in Book)
* Indiana (#30 in Book)
* Round About 32-Bar (#31 in Book)
More Product Details